Health and safety
Our 'zero-harm' culture is a fundamental business philosophy, which is helping us to improve our safety performance year-on-year. Our focus on health and safety means that employees and contractors understand the high standards that we expect and are committed to going the extra mile to ensure that we all stay safe. Equally, we ensure that the areas around our sites offer a safe environment for neighbouring communities.
Our safety performance shows continued improvement. Compared to 2010 we reported:
- Total Recordable Case Frequency Rate (TRCFR) of 0.54 – this a reduction of 44%
- a Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) of 0.30 – a reduction of 32%
- an overall reduction in occupational disease with two new cases reported in 2011
- 31% reduction in Lost Time Injuries compared to 2010.
- Progressively reduce the number and severity of incidents to achieve our target of zero harm.
- Achieve a reduction in Total Recordable Case Frequency Rate (TRCFR) to 0.2 by 2014, and All Incident Frequency Rate (AIFR) to 0.2 by 2017.
- Eliminate any new cases, or progression of existing cases, of:
- noise-induced hearing loss
- hand-arm vibration syndrome
- occupational lung disease.
- Ensure that hazards are recognised and associated risks are adequately controlled by appropriate means.