The safety zone
Many of the safety measures we’ve put into place at Quarryville are just common sense:
- Good lighting - in the winter, it’s dark when we start work and dark when we finish
- Safer walkways over conveyor belts
- Cleaner, tidier footpaths
- Good communications – all quarry workers carry walkie-talkies, just in case they need to call for help
And then, of course, there’s all the safety equipment:
- Hard hats
- Luminous jackets
- Heavy work boots
- Face masks - it can get dusty around here
- Ear defenders - and noisy
- Life belts
- Machine guards.
As you can see, our quarry workers have got more fancy gear than James Bond - and like 007, they always return home safe and well after a hard day’s work.