Contract haulier scheme
Are you interested in running your own haulage business?
We have opportunities for individuals, Limited companies or partnerships to enter into a business arrangement with Tarmac as a Contracted Haulier (owner driver), delivering aggregates, asphalt and readymix concrete, to the building and construction industries.
Benefits of becoming a Contract Haulier
- Develop your own business as a Contract Haulier
- Fixed-term contract
- Self-billed invoicing arrangement
- Preferential payment terms - direct to you by the 18th of the following month
- Mainly local deliveries; limited overnighting
- Prioritised for work allocation
Benefits of trading with Tarmac
We will help you in:
- Purchasing a vehicle for your business
- Obtaining finance to purchase your truck
- Arranging business insurance cover against accidents and public liability
- Providing a full administration support service
You will have the reliability and assurance that comes with doing business with a leading building materials supplier in the UK.
Choosing the right vehicle for you is important and, as Tarmac has a number of procurement deals in place with selected suppliers, we are able to offer good deals on both tipper and mixer vehicles. Purchase price, running costs, extras, weight and residual values have all been taken into account. We currently have certain vehicle makes at discounted prices, as part of Contract Haulier scheme (pdf, 169kb) now extended until May 2013
Become a business owner
Please note this is not an employed position, these opportunities are for hauliers wishing to enter into a long term business arrangement with Tarmac, either as an existing business or by setting up from new.
Your business will need:
- Suitably qualified driver(s) with a valid LGV licence
- An operators licence (O-licence)
- VAT registration
If necessary, we can help provide advice in obtaining an operators licence.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for business partners who:
- Are proactive in customer care
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have enthusiasm, determination and a commitment to quality
- Thrive on responsibility and respond to a genuine business challenge and take pride in their work
We are located near you…
We have various asphalt plants, quarries, sand and gravel pits
and concrete plants across the UK, there should be a plant near
you. Depending on the need for haulage, opportunities may exist in
See Tarmac Location Finder for your nearest plant (opens in new window).
Find out more
If you wish to know more, please contact us at:
Phone: 01902 382859
LIMITED TIME ONLY
Tarmac can help with the cost of a new vehicle
- Reduced purchase price
- Reduced finance rate
- Discounts on admin fee
Read full scheme details (pdf, 169kb) now extended until May
Contact us for full details: